Saturday, October 15, 2011

Party All the Time

I know you all have just been dying to know whats been going on in the life of Jennifer Torrey.

So I will indulge you.

Here is a general day in my life:
8:00 alarm goes off
8:20 Wake Up
8:40 Walk to Class (I KNOW, I don't know how I get ready that fast either...)
about 9-12 or 10-2 depending on the day I have the following classes: Human Development, Comparative Politics, French Civilization, Algebra and New Testament

How are these classes, you ask?

Well, Human Development is what you would expect from a class listed in the department of "School of Family Life." My teacher is young, blonde, wears skirts every day, says "umm" or "uhhh" at least 3 times a sentence and uses a tone of voice more appropriate to third graders than college students. The information in the book is interesting though.

Comparative Politics is taught by another young professor but on the opposite side of the spectrum. She is tiny with short brown hair and screams CALIFORNIA all over her from her long drawn out vowels at the end of sentences to her arm extended our with the hand flopping down when she isn't thinking about it. Sometimes I just stare at her.

French. I'm not totally convinced that my French teacher even speaks English. On the odd occasion when an outsider will venture into the classroom for something he has the strongest French accent on his English that I think I have ever heard. Thank goodness for AP Euro in high school. It makes it so much easier to learn history in French. Although lately I've been having a few problems with note taking. For instance, did he say "L'amour de Marie Antoinette" or "La morte de Marie Antoinette"? The love of Marie Antoinette or the death thereof? Both seem equally plausible.

Even thought its usually incredibly boring, French is a pretty cool class because I feel so smart to understand almost everything. And jokes are so much funnier when you understand them in a foreign language.

Algebra: My teacher exchanges candy bars for participation. What else do I need to say?

New Testament: The class I should be studying for because I have a test today.

So yeah those are my classes.Now lets talk about free time.

Well, I've taken to reading for fun a lot more. The Provo library brings a lot of popular authors in to give presentations so I like to go to their talks and buy their books and get them signed. I've also decided to start being healthier so this past week I have gone jogging every day. EVERY DAY. Go Jenny.

To sum it all up, I generally get woken up on Saturday mornings by our neighbors blasting their cheesy country-gospel music through our cardboard walls. I burnt my leg with a curling iron the other day which didn't concern me too much until I got feedback from friends when I started showing off the resulting bright red one inch blister. My doctor commented on how gorgeous my hair was the other day before leaning in to take my pulse. It would have been creepy if my life was a CW show but, you know... I'm just a girl living in Provo.

Well, that's all for now folks. Don't you miss college? It's a party all the time.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like you didn't do the creepy doctor story justice.

    I love you, Jennifer Torrey Hurst!

    ReplyDelete