Monday, January 30, 2017

Boston Holiday

I met this great girl, Lauren when I was a missionary in Boston. Her parents live in a suburb of Boston and she used to come out with us all the time to help with the portable visitors' center. She was back in Boston for Christmas and invited me to come up and visit which was great! While it still feels weird to be back (this is my second time returning since the mission), any time I come in to Boston, it still feels like coming home.  



As soon as I landed I got a cab and met up with Lauren and her parents at the Celtics game

The seats weren't bad 😏😝

Remember that one time on my mission when I got to go film at the Celtics indoor practice facility?
No? Well, I do! By default of being one of my only basketball experiences, the Celtics are now my favorite team

Lauren's beautiful new house. I had my choice of guest rooms and I chose this one

What a view to wake up to!

It snowed just for me! 




Went to see the nutcracker which was beautiful

Me and Lauren

Cool ceilings 


That night we went to a ward party where I knew a few people which made it both more and less awkward to be there (I lived near these people for awhile on the mission but the portable visitors center wasn't really an 'area' so I didn't actually really know these people, I had just seen them around before)
                                         Lauren being her adorble self as we hung out one night in her bedroom                                                                                         





Went to church and had Sunday school and relief society in the same room that I used for District Meetings for 6 months! 

Oh that gym where many a morning workout was had

My old apartment with the PVC

Mission office.
I'm such a nerd! 

When I got back from Boston, there were just a few more days until I flew home for Christmas.
I made sure to check out this Christmas Market at Columbus circle. I got a really yummy dutch waffle 


We had a christmas party at lunch at work and I insisted that we turn the yule log on for ambiance :) 


So yeah! That was Boston and my pre-Christmas. I'm a pretty spoiled girl if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment