I haven't done anything yet besides get to my hotel and sleep.
I was feeling pretty sick coming off of the 15+ hours of travel without any decent sleep.
But now that I got like 11 hours I feel a bit better.
Istanbul seems pretty normal so far. Vaguely European and not as exotic yet as I had perhaps hoped. But today we will get out of the car and who knows what adventures are in store for us!
They lost my luggage. Trying to mime pulling a suitcase with the customer service lady who spoke very little English was quite frustrating but hopefully enough information was communicated that I can get it back tomorrow when I go back to head out for Uganda.
The guys at the hotel are nice. By which I mean the people who work here. Don't worry Mom I'm not hanging out with random guys! They tried to convince us that internet was 20 euros an hour.
But that was a joke. Its actually free. They were just trying to gauge how rich we were by our reaction. We were like 'that's expensive!" so we passed.
That's all I got for now.
![]() |
| Waiting to head out from Salt Lake! |

I love the chacos! Good luck with your luggage :/. You totally called that, so glad you packed extra clothes in your carry on!
ReplyDelete