Thursday, December 10, 2015

Hangin in Holland



I thought I would just post some of the various pictures I have, or hanging out in Holland that have not really made it into other posts. I'm moving next week and the era is coming to a close! 

At Lori's apartment in Utah the night before I left for Holland.
I was really nervous about living by myself and having no friends so Kirsten made ​​me a little 
emotional survival kit. It was super cute-Those are reused prescription drug bottles and she put on them instead things like "for When Your lonely" or "for When You need to laugh" and then they have cute little quotes or jokes in them. 
I have the best friends ever.

This was me trying to figure out what to wear on my first day of work. 
I think I've worn that suit jacket like ... three times. Sometimes I make bad purchases- but how was I supposed to know how
chill my branch would be on dress code? If I can get by with regular pants I'm going to do it. Especially when I cycle to work in the wind everyday! It's hard to prfioritize looks under those conditions ...

View out my window. Cute right?
I actually live in what other people find to be a pretty sketchy neighborhood. 

Jazz festival in the canal in August!

I thought thesis bros were cute together

I think the one on the left is telling the one with the beer all his girl troubles. 

Nice dutch guy with old sound system.

Guys, that bassist.

Am I right?


My new friends!

Me, Nabila, and Peiyao 



Just so we get every angle ...

The Peace Palace! One of the most iconic places in Den Haag 

One of the first places I went with the interns was this expensive Brazilian restaurant. 
They had dancers dressed up like it was carnival and the Brazillian guy there was so happy he was like,
"It's just like being at home!"

The Hague is actually pretty good with their live music scene.
These peeps were doing Elvis covers that were actually quite good!

Me, Hoa, and Victor with Nabila and Peiyao photo bombing in the background

The Alice in Wonderland store!
I think it's adorable- Fortunately for my banking account,
most of the books are in Dutch

I think this is my favorite spot in The Hague: Parliament!
It's like a fairytale! 

Different angle

They have a really cool library. Unfortunately it closes too early for me to go there after work-which
means that I'm not as productive here in the Netherlands as I had hoped. 
Who could have seen that coming? ;)
But really like everything here closes at 6 Unless it's Thursday. Very frustrating. 

My church! It takes me like an hour to get to the train station and
then I take a train / subway thing and then I walk from the station to the church. 
#WorthIt

When I first bought my bike

I did not know what I was doing. 
That bike is way too small for me. It's like a clown bike!

I just thought this was cool-it reminds me of my Mom because she loves weird plants

Proud Intern

Pretending to work hard at Sameer's desk (before he abandoned me for Vienna!)


The bike parking outside Central Station.
I love the cycling life here. It's so healthy! And it feels good to be like, 
YEAH! I got me here! With my own effort!

One time I went to this tiny bar Where They had live music.
I left early of course because I'm that weird person that always leaves early 

Walking around The Hague with Sameer



Cool dutch house

Ice Cream! It's like we're in Provo again ...

We had a great chat where Sameer, my life Guru, gave me life expert advice



He did the "Nick from New Girl" look. Check out how cute the square is behind us! 

Apparently this is where the Christmas tree goes every year. 
So I was pretending to be a Christmas Tree.
Obviously.


We walked around for awhile and ended up inside the Parliament courtyard

Ta-da!

I like old things.
 I like touching the old stones and thinking 'someone else touched these hundreds of years ago'
and I feel connected to the past


Sameer introduced me to a place near parliament that has great Dutch apple pie!
I've been there loads of times sense!

This was our second desert of the evening

America, Represent!

I think this is Delft. Isn't it beautiful?

Sameer's farewell party. Just an example or hanging out with friends.

My office at work.
I cleaned up the cabinet corner and suddenly everyone loved me.
I was like, well shoot. I should have done this weeks ago!


One time Laura came to visit! She liked the horses next to the church

After I did my run, Ashley and I explored the Hague and happened upon this bike trick competition thingy

I was so exhausted at this point
One week after church, Ashley, Cam and I went to and explored the Kinderdijk windmills.
There are a lot of pictures of that.
I thought the old stone house was cute


It was very industrial
I think this is the 'Star Wars windmill' behind me :)


Holland!

Is not it beautiful?



Because there aren't enough Jenny with windmill pictures in the world...



Not sure what's going on here



We had a PB&J picnic

I was the Mom of the day and brought all the ingredients 

Holland makes me happy

Friends make me happy



Windmills make me happy



And canals are quite zen




You might have noticed throughout this photoshoot that i have a really weird outfit on.

Do not worry about it ...

Ok, one last!


So there's some of my life hanging in Holland! I really love it here!



No comments:

Post a Comment