Sunday, January 24, 2016

Quarter Century Club


Well guys, it's happened! I've turned 25 and the best years of my life are now behind me...

Just kidding! 
Mostly ;) 

The last couple decades have brought me some great things and also some really crappy things and I'm pretty sure that's just life. To be honest, things have turned out very differently than I could have imagined and I get stressed out with the uncertainty of where I will end up, but I have faith that things will be fine and I'm excited to see where 25 takes me! For instance...will it be on a journey through TIME AND SPACE? 

Haha, cause that's what I did for my birthday! Sweet Laura mustered up all her strength (she's been very sick with her pregnancy) and drove me all the way to Cardiff, Wales to go to the Doctor Who Experience! It was great! And it was really fun to have a whole day just hanging out with Laura!
So, please, before I wax too existential about the meaning of life and aging,  bask in the nerdyness that are the pictures below! 



I spent a lot of time in the gift shop!
I think this is the Tardis from the episode when it keeps shrinking!

Shake hands with an ood

Laura can't figure out why there are all these tallys on her arms...

They had manakins of all the old doctors and their signature outfits!
I liked this question mark vest a lot...

They had an area with mirrors where you were supposed to practice
 the choreography for being some of the monsters in Dr Who.
So this is me trying out my scarecrow. Apparently people stared at us. 

Inside the Tardis! 

I looked into the heart of the Tardis

This my jam.
BBC has come a long way in terms of funding this nerd show

A Dalek! 

Don't blink!

In the gift shop I found that awesome question mark vest!
Luckily I tried it on and realized it looked terrible on me



There was also this epic ugly Christmas sweater which I came
\close to getting but will just have to remember through this picture


I think maybe the best part of the Doctor Who place was just how nerdy everyone was! Like, we got some food from the cafe at the experience and it was totally packed but SO quiet! Like this epic gathering of introverts! And we were all happy! Also, during the experience, I pretty much saved the universe because I found one of the missing crystals. And I got to help fly the Tardis while Laura held on to the handrails, scared for the safety of her unborn child. Good times!



The next three pictures are random but go with the theme of hanging with Laura in Nottingham
Robin Hood

We so cute

Gotta get my phone booth pic! Every time! 


Because we got back from Cardiff really late on my birthday and were quite tired after driving for hours in the dark rain, we had my party the next day. I had to go meet someone in Birmingham in the morning and when I came back, Laura and Teeny and Ellie all popped out with balloons and party hats to surprise me! Teeny was the cutest because she popped out from behind the curtains in the window but of course I could see her as we pulled up in the car. Adorable. 

She's a little firecracker 

I was very happy

And so was Ellie

We liked our party hats
For my birthday, my mom had sent me a little crown to wear.
We sat down for deserts and they gave me some fish fingers and custard (it's a Doctor Who thing).
Luckily I didn't have to eat it! ;) 

My Tardis cookie cake! 



As a present, Laura gave me a picture of 10 signed by David Tenant!
It is now displayed prominently in my room in Provo. 



Making a wish


So yeah! That was my birthday! I'm now 25 which feels pretty old (especially for being in Provo) but I think I've used my time in life fairly well so far! And I'm very grateful for the amazing family that has been there with me every step of the way (even when that way involves driving 8 hours across England and Wales to get to and from Cardiff!). 







No comments:

Post a Comment