Sunday, January 31, 2016

Where's Jenny 2016?


Alright, since it's still technically January I'm still allowed to talk about goals and the changing new year, blah blah blah.

Well, let me begin with just a brief reflection- this past year has been absolutely incredible. The day that things really started coming together for me last winter semester (with getting good news on my potential internship in Holland / trip to Uganda) I walked out of my apartment and saw the funniest thing written in chalk on a driveway. It was so random but it just said in big letters #WheresJenny2015? 

I thought that was pretty good. And since then, that's been my little inner theme for myself as I go on all these adventures. In 2015 I found myself in St. Louis, Chicago, Salt Lake, Provo, Rochester NY, Gulf Shores Alabama, London, Kampala, Gulu, Manti, Amsterdam, The Hague, Antwerp, Paris, Berlin, Oslo, Flam (Norway), Harlem (NL), Delft, Vienna, Yorkshire, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff and all sorts of places in between! 

To sum that up in a more compact way this past year I have been in 9 different countries! I lived alone in Europe doing a professional internship. I started my own Solar company (with mixed success, but I did do it!) and I successfully completed another semester of school. Not too shabby and some good things to remember when I feel down on myself! I've done a lot in the year since I returned home from my mission! 

Which kind of sets this year up for some great expectations. How could 2016 possibly live up to 2015? Well, I'm graduating for one thing! I'll walk in April and then finish two econ classes that I need spring semester and be done by June. After that I'll be moving who knows where! I want to move to DC or Boston to work but there's really no saying. I'll probably have an excuse to go back to Europe for a friend's wedding if I can muster up the money, my brother will get hitched and I'll become an aunt again!  

And all this is just the stuff I know of! So, yeah 2016 should be nothing to stick my nose up at! Here's to many more adventures in Provo and Beyond! 

To start the year off, here's a review of my January in pictures: 




I made the questionable choice of flying out on New Years morning from Birmingham.
There was no personalized in-flight entertainment.  Luckily the Shipps gave me
 the latest season of Doctor Who to downloaded from iTunes.
I binge-watched while eating Jelly Babies.

I was very tired and had no voice when I got to Utah.
Luckily Mike and Lottie were nice enough to pick me up from the airport and let me stay at their house. 

As you can see, I really invaded their personal space. 

I got to see an American friend that I met in Holland who also just moved back to the states!

I reunited with Kristy! 

And we were so inspired by the hipster jewelry that we
decided to see Star Wars for the second time that night!  



After that I went to my first ever BYU basketball game with Lotterbeth!


I got some priceless wisdom from Tina Fey in point #4

I binge ate healthy food sporadically with cookies.

I got the most awesome Storm Trooper shirt ever from Emily!

I checked out the new Provo City Center Temple open house. It's absolutely beautiful!

Emily sent me a cool antique map water bottle! 

Ashley and Dieds visited from Holland and we got Indian food and belgian waffles! 

Lottie performed at Velour


On my road to spinsterhood I decided to start painting modern art!



And I spent a lot of time on campus!


Well, that's 2016 so far! Here's to 11 more months of painting and invading Lottie's personal space!

No comments:

Post a Comment