So I was going through my camera this week and found some pictures from England that I had forgotten about! A few days after Christmas I met up with my friend Megan Hodun who is an American living in England and together we explored Stow-on-the-Wold in the Cotswalds as well as Croome Park in Worchestershire. Looking at it now from the perspective of being a student in Provo it all seems quite fairy-tale like. Enjoy the pictures below!
 |
| Idyllic Cotswald Cottage |
 |
| Beautiful countryside |
 |
| That green |
 |
| In town |
 |
| I love the stone of the houses |
 |
| still christmas decorations up! |
 |
| Definitely qualifies as 'going into the village' |
 |
| Look at that wall plant! |
 |
| Great window shopping |
 |
| I think this is where the normal people live! |
 |
| A more humble house that is still probably millions of dollars |
 |
| This may be the pub where we ate...can't quite remember |
 |
At night we wandered around the church cemetery....
always a good idea for two single girls to do in a foreign country! |
 |
| Such old gravestones! |
 |
| Cottage at night |
Then the next day we went to Croome Park which is an old mannor house that went bankrupt (think Downton Abby) and it was super beautiful!
 |
| Can you imagine if these grounds were your 'yard'? |
 |
| So green even in winter! |
 |
| It's like the shire! |
 |
| beautiful view of the tiny chapel |
 |
| I think this is the greenhouse or 'orangerie' as the fancy people called it |
 |
| "The woods, the hills, the little rivers...." |
 |
| The colors are just exquisite! |
 |
| little lens rainbow |
 |
| If you lived here you'd be home now |
 |
| I wouldn't mind that being the view out my window! |
 |
They are renovating the main house right now so inside it has some really random modern artwork-
like these feet disappearing into the wall! |
 |
| Or these balloon arm hands that blow out when inflated with air! |
 |
| There were also families there for a stroll in the park |
 |
| Exploring! |
 |
| Windy! |
 |
| My friend the sphinx |
 |
| Not a bad back door |
 |
| There's something so charming about little bridges |
 |
| Beautiful Megan |
 |
| Le paysage |
 |
| The estate was quite large including many smaller buildings |
 |
| The river was brown at parts and the trail sometimes got muddy but it was totally worth it |
 |
| Being cool... |
 |
| ...again... |
 |
| ...and again... |
 |
| and again! |
 |
| walk back up to the parking lot |
 |
| Makes me feel like Robin Hood or something looking at this |
 |
| a glance back at the beauty |
Well friends, there it is--My magical England. I'm so lucky to have gotten to be there. One day I'll be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment