Thursday, May 26, 2016

Big Sister




A few weeks ago, my cousin Sarah came to visit from Chicago! Well, I say 'cousin'. Really, our moms were friends in high school and stayed in touch and we grew up calling eachother's moms 'aunt' so now here we are! She's my cousin. But a few weekends ago I got to play 'big sister' which was really fun for me as the youngest child. I'm about as much older than Sarah as Emily is older than me and I just loved hanging out with Emily when I was younger (and I still love it but in a *slightly* less worshipful way) and so I wanted to give Sarah the kind of attention that Emily gives me. I think she had a good time and it was really fun to show her around Provo! 


After picking her up from the airport we went to Temple Square! 

So beautiful

We walked around a bit and explained a bit of mormonism to her (we being me and Kirsten) 

After that we went to Brugge Waffles and got dilicious masterpieces 

Then I took Sarah around campus

After that we went to the Provo rooftop concert serieswhich (misnomer!) is actually no longer held on the roof

It was fun and crowded and their were lots of crowd surfers which got annoying

The Strike playing

The next day we went hiking-it was Sarah's first hike ever!

the air was thin but the views were great! 

I like this candid shot of us for some reason

Kirsten came on the hike too

Somehow while posing, Kirsten ended up falling over

It happened in slow motion and right after this we ended up on top of each other on the mountain

My classic mountain pose :) 

We watched a movie together that night


And the next day we went to church and it was time for her to go!
Which was sad but at least she got a BYU sweatshirt to remember me by :) 


So yeah! I think operation big sister was a success. Sarah's an amazing young lady and I can't wait to see where life takes her. 

In other news, around that same time, I went to a May the Fourth Star Wars Party at the wall!

I posed with ewoks 

Drank yoda soda 

And got 10% off because I wore my star wars shirt

Also Lottie and I auditioned to play at Potbelly's and that weekend we found out we got the position. This is me and Lottie in the car practicing for our audition. She picked me up from campus and then I drove her car to the restaurant and sang while she somehow balanced a guitar in the front seat and tried not to block my view.
I have never felt more like a hippie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment