Saturday, June 18, 2016

ART BALL! ART BALL! ART BALL!

So, I'm a little behind on my blog but this bears recording. A month or so ago, my friend Brooke and I went to the Art Ball at the Springville art museum and it was AWESOME! We had so much fun. 
First a little about Brooke- we served our missions together in Boston. We left at the same time and came home at the same time and pretty much from the first time I met with her (we were shirking exercise during gym time by 'stretching' at the MTC) I thought she was really cool. And though we never got to serve in the same area which is a bummer, I've gotten to know her really well after the mission since she moved into my ward. So, Brooke, being the cool understated hipster that she is said that she had heard of this rad art ball in springville so naturally we decided to go. The theme was 'Starry Night' and the food was good, the strangers were quite nice and the art and music were really fun to experience. So without further ado here are some pictures: 






It was a buffet so ...I went back and got lots of desserts! 

Aren't the decorations so sweet?

Huge flower vase showing off the stems

I LOVE this painting.
I became absolutely obsessed with it. 

I made Brooke take a picture of me with it because I loved it so much!
The price tag was like 2,000 or so...

Another I painting I thought was cool.
I mean...not 'pose with it' cool.
But cool.

Cute centerpieces which they then sold at the end of the evening


Live dancing! It was so fun to watch! And that gay couple in the front of this picture here (which I stole from the event facebook page) were SO talented. It was amazing to watch them.  
Live band!


Not a great picture but Brooke and I just sat as wallflowers and watched for like 30 minutes

At the end of the night we wanted a picture together with the ambiance 

Isn't she pretty?

Another angle

I loved these vases that had dangling lights and the description was just perfect 

What they looked like on the whole.
Future wedding centerpieces?




So yeah, Springville art museum was a success! It's fun to get involved in the community and do local artsy things. Plus, getting dressed up and hanging with Brooke is always a good idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment