After my week in Spain, I made it up to ye olde Netherlands! It was great to be back! I love that country. I got to bike around, see old friends and generally revel in the culture that produces the world's best waffles (along with Belgium!). As soon as I got there, I got to work with my bridesmaid duties- starting with Ashley and Died's wedding shoot and ending with reception clean up the night of the wedding. It was busy and wonderful and I'm so happy that I got to be a part of Ashley's magical day!
 |
| Day 1: preparing for the photoshoot. I thought it was so funny that with all the prep Ashley was getting on makeup and hair and getting into the dress, Dieds just had the photographer buttoning his cufflinks |
 |
| Looking good, right? Photogenic couple in a photogenic place. |
 |
These pictures were taken in Delft which is just gorgeous. Funny story though? There was a problem with the rental car company that Ash and Dieds had reserved with for driving around for their photoshoot. So we ended up with a huge moving van and me and Ash and Dieds crammed into the front and the photographer, Ronan, tumbling around in the empty back portion. He was hilarious. |
 |
| I just took this because I want a bag like that for my bike...one day |
 |
| Showing off the chucks |
 |
Only in Holland! An add in the tram station |
 |
Part of the photoshoot involved pictures at McDonalds, on the tram and just generally around the Hague I was the official bouquet holder so this is me in the tram |
 |
| The next few days I spent a lot of time just cycling around The Hague |
 |
| I love Dutch houses |
 |
| Cycled to the beach and got a bit lost but the views were #worthit |
 |
| Dinner date with Ashley on the boardwalk |
 |
| I was surprised to find that it was SO HOT the week I was there |
 |
| I took the train to Utrecht to help set up for the reception and when I asked for directions at the train station the worker gave me this little cake with the train logo on it. Apparently there was some promotion going on? I was like 'cool' and immediately ate the cake |
 |
| I think this is Haarlem? |
 |
| One of my bucket list items that never ended up happening last year was going to see The Hiding Place in Haarlem- the actual house-turned-museum where Corrie Ten Boom and her family hid jews during WW2 |
 |
| Here is the hidden entrance to the hiding place |
 |
| It had this pully system. And then like 8 people hid out in this tiny room |
 |
| After the Hiding Place and walking around town a bit, I treated myself to an AMAZING crepe |
 |
| Final picture in the original Haarlem- the irony since now I go to church in the gansta Harlem |
 |
| After that, I met up with an old colleague from OPCW. I got to meet her husband and son and they treated me to dinner at the harbor which was so nice. |
 |
| The next day (I think?) I did one final bike tour de haag which of course included dipping my toe in the North Sea before having to return my bike |
 |
| I went past my old apartment and felt nostalgic for about 3 seconds before moving on cause these guys were watching me (welcome back!) |
 |
| DELICIOUS poffitjes (approximate spelling) |
 |
| I tried on these shoes that I really wanted but somehow I resisted. Took this picture though to remind myself if I ever decide to buy them :) |
 |
| Bachelorette spa outing the night before the wedding |
 |
| Followed by family dinner with Ashley's peeps |
 |
| And then the big day came! I don't have a lot of pictures -figured other people had that covered- but I have a few. They had their civil ceremony at this amazing old manor house and it was absolutely GORGEOUS |
 |
| The grounds- and the beautiful bouquet I got |
 |
| Cute Megan and Arvid up in front |
 |
| Immediately after we went to the Hague temple for the sealing |
 |
| And then we partied it up back at the church! |
 |
Arvid, Megan, me and another of Ashely's friends who visited from the UK.
And after the wedding I helped clean up, got about 2 hours of sleep and then walked from our Airbnb to the train station at about 3 am to start my long journey back to my new home in New York. I would say Operation Ash and Dieds Wedding = Success :)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment