Friday, December 9, 2016

Goings of Gotham

So, moving to New York, I was pretty determined to take in as much of the city as I possibly could. Here are some of the sights I saw in late Summer/Early Fall.



Apartment complex near the first kid I started tutoring privately in East Village.
I was SO nervous the first time I to his apartment. Now I spend up to 5 hours a week there! 



On one of my first days off, I went to the Met.
Look at this old school yogi! ;) 

This statue is honestly better with only half the face-so epic!

I love these kinds of paintings

top of the Met

Series for sale at the flagship New York Public Library.
I'm curious to see what my alter ego does to earn extra cash money moonlighting 

MOMA! 

I'm meta right? It's a picture of everyone looking at and taking pictures of Starry Night by Van Gogh.

"The Rope Dancer Accompanies Herself With Her Shadows"
It's an enticing caption. Plus, it reminds me of a character in a book series I just read
(Six of Crows for all you other book nerds)

Colored Squares! 

Cool book I found and later borrowed from the library

30 Rock! 

Beginning of the 30 Rock Ice Skating Season

St. Patricks Cathedral 

Halal Food with Alyssa and Christina 

Typical day on the subway. 

Walking the highline with Alyssa and Christina.
It's an abandoned subway line that was transformed into a public park- pretty cool! 

My 'look I made friends' face

I just thought this house was a cool backdrop- who would think this was NYC?

Insomnia cookies was having some promotional so I got a free cookie! 

Soho graffiti: "Resistance is feasible even for those who are not heros by nature" -Lego Han Solo 

Oh, if only he HAD been the loser


Elder Holland came to New York for this LDS Public Affairs conference! I volunteered at the conference so I got to hear him speak! When I showed up early to start my shift he was on the other side of the lobby doing a tv interview! That was pretty cool! I got to meet him on my mission and seeing him again just kind of brought back those same feelings that he was a man of God.

Italian food in Little Italy with my new pals

For a little while we had a cat living on our porch-it was great!

My new life motto



Any Stranger Things fans out there?
My local library was decorated like this at Halloween which I thought was cute


So yeah...some of the day to day goings of Jenny around Gotham!


No comments:

Post a Comment