Ok, so I haven't written for a little while and I still have so much to write, but just to jump forward for a moment, something really creepy JUST happened that I need to report. I got home, told Laura about our adventure and then started writing in my journal so I could get the facts out before I started sensationalizing it. So here's what I wrote in my journal. Sorry its so poorly written. Just imagine me telling you this breathless, face to face:
Alright.
Thank heavens for best friends, cell phones, the police and a bag of gym
clothes.
Lottie and I just had the freakiest experience ever. I posted a status
about being at the SWKT late that Lottie and my friend Rogelio started
commenting on. Lottie said that she would come meet me at the bottom of the
hill and Rogelio said to be careful of rape hill which I kind of made fun of
him for. I didn’t even ask Lottie to come get me. She just felt like it. So we
were talking on the cell phone as we walked towards each other (and she
remarked that there was a police car around which was weird) and then we met up
and just started walking. We got one block, to where the isles ends and I see
this tall man dressed in drag coming towards us out of the dark.
It was a tall
guy, dressed in heels, wearing a blonde wig and a sheer black mask over his
face. I pointed him out to Lottie and we both started walking a little closer
to each other and were like ‘what’s going on?’ The guy just kept walking
straight towards us so I was like “heyyy” because I was pretty sure that it was
just a prank or something but it was still really scary cause he got to the
point where he was only like 3 or less feet away. So we walked past him and he
started following us. Lottie and I
were holding hands by this point.
Then, Lottie broke into a run, so I did too
and the guy started running behind us. And I’m a really slow runner so I just
turned around and hit him in the chest with my bag of gym clothes that I’ve had
all day. I think I said something like “Seriously what are you doing?” and me
and Lottie both screamed I think. The guy didn't say anything the whole time.
Anyway, we made it to the other side of the street and just turned around to
look at him. We weren't going to outrun him.
So we just looked at him and
Lottie was like “should I call the police?” and I was like “yeah.” So she did
but hung up and the guy just kept staring at us. Then this girl on the other
side of the street that we had just come from was like “Are you guys ok?” and I
was like “yeah…there’s just a guy standing here.” And she was like “he’s been
following me all night!” So I was like, “seriously Lottie, call the police.” So
she did and she starts talking to them but it sounded pretty generic like she
could possibly be bluffing so I called out to the guy who by this point was
like 10 or 15 feet away but still staring at us. So I was like “She’s seriously
calling the police.” And the girl on the other side of the street was like “ok,
Austin stop now” or something. “Happy Halloween” (that last part to us). Which
was like, what? And then she came over to our side of the street sort of hugged
the guy, but forcefully to get him walking and was like “sorry, guys, come on
Austin. Happy Halloween.”
And meanwhile Lottie (who can’t hear under the best
circumstances) is talking to the police giving them our exact location. She
told them that the girl and guy were walking off and the woman asked which way
so we told her. Within about 1 minute we saw a police car going in that
direction. Apparently they had gotten several calls about that guy tonight. Me
and Lottie just walked the rest of the way home asking each other what the hell
just happened?
It was so not in good taste and it was so…inspired that Lottie
decided to come meet me halfway and that we were together when that happened. I’m
so glad I wasn't alone. And apparently I now know what I would do in a crisis.
Run really badly, hit the person half-heartedly with a bag of clothes, scream
and call the police.
Interesting.
I still can't get over how classless that prank was. Who does that?!?
ReplyDelete... wow... that's genuinely creepy...
ReplyDelete