Hey friends,
So my freshman self would be shocked but I am actually SO SAD to leave Provo and move to Africa for the next couple months.
Ok, I'm not THAT sad about Africa, don't worry. I am way psyched to go back to Uganda and do development work. It's a dream come true. But it feels like the end of an era here. And it is. About 13 days after I get back from Uganda, I leave on my mission. How's that for mission prep? When I come back almost all of my friends will be gone and I will just be here on my own. Seeing as I have been with the same roommates for four years, that's pretty tragic.
But life goes on. It's just been stressful lately as I do prep work, analyze research from last summer and try to get my stuff all packed up to move it home this weekend. Not to mention saying goodbye to all the people I love.
I could go on and on about how crazy life is right now. But I'll stop. The point of this is that I'm pretty stressed but as I have been packing up I found a really cool quote on a stray piece of paper that I wanted to record before I throw it away.
Here it is:
"More than 100 years ago, Abraham Lincoln said that our nation could not exist half slave and half free. We know that a peaceful world cannot long exist one-third rich and two-thirds hungry."
-Kennedy (I think!)
Just something to think about, guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment