Sunday, March 6, 2016

My Favorite Jew in the Mormon Heartland!


My great friend Stuart came to Utah a few weeks ago on a work trip! Because his work is handling medical policy for Senator Orrin Hatch because he's incredible! I'm so proud of him for living his dream and doing policy in DC! And the irony of Stuart being a very devout jew, working for the ridiculously Mormon constituency of Utah is not lost on us! Just for a little reminder of who he is:

Stuart's been my partner in crime for awhile....

We went to homecoming together....

He was the Harry to my Hermione....
As well as the vice president to my president of NHS....
clearly, we were nerds....

He let me hang with him when he was in college in Denver...

And even had the gall to think he could take me on in a wolly mammath fight!

Basically he's a great guy! And he introduced me to my now good friend Clayton who was doing an internship in DC awhile ago and met Stuart there. So the three of us finally got to hang this weekend which was a little surreal to have two worlds collide but very, very fun.

We got lots of good food and they came to see me perform and probably the highlight of the trip (or at least the thing we have the most pictures of) is snowshoeing! 
Stuart's smile is almost manic!

He was on a mission and led the way the whole time

I think I forgot hair pins....so I look like a who!
I said that and Stuart was like, "!!! I've always thought that!!!"
It was awesome.

We conquered this mountain.
I mean really. I fell down so much that Clayton had to bail me out of snowdrifts like every three steps

Jenz and StuP

I love him

beautiful view

Beautiful bros

Remember how I kept falling and having to get dug out of snowbanks?
At this point my foot literally slipped out of the shoe strapped to the snowshoe stuck in the depths of the snow.
Clayton was quite the gentleman and helped me out of this debacle. 

Our post-snow shoe "we survived!" picture back at Clayty's house

We took Stuart to the Provo City Center Open House tour

it was cool to get to show him something that is so sacred to me


So yeah! StuP came to Utah, perhaps the most religiously unique state in the union and he handled it like a pro! I just wish I got to see him more often... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment