Since I didn't go home for Christmas and because I had a ticket voucher on Southwest airlines, I got to go home for a long weekend in February to see my family!
 |
| The view flying over Utah was spectacular! |
 |
| And on both of my flights I got to sit in the first row with plenty of leg room which was heavenly |
It was so much fun! Plus, it killed two birds with one stone- I got to see my family AND I didn't have to be in Provo for Valentines Day! (Provo can become an unbearingly cheesy sweet/bitter place this time of year). As it was, I escaped to a weekend of little boys, high school friends and fun with family (and at least one person posting an engagement on facebook every hour).
I got to have my annual birthday breakfast with my Dad at iHop a couple months late and I got red velvet pancakes which were quite yummy! I hung out with Emily and her kids and got to go to Milo's soccer game which was pretty adorable. That night Alex came into town and we all had dinner together and cake (gotta have the Schnucks cookie cake every time I come home!) and after the boys went to bed I made everyone play Balderdash because its my favorite game and its so fun to play with my smarty pants family.
 |
| I do love my Papa |
 |
| Hanging out with the Hankster |
 |
| Milo's soccer game |
 |
| look at that hustle! |
 |
| I only meant to put a couple of these up but he's just so dang cute |
 |
| My baby nephew is getting so old! |
 |
| diligently goalie |
On Saturday we all went to the city museum which was a bit crazy but so fun! Here are some pictures:
 |
| Playing with Walter |
 |
| Walter insisted on wearing his Christmas onesie to the museum |
 |
| Beautiful, gentle Yia Yia with Hank |
 |
| Stormtrooper/Darth Vader clad Milo |
 |
| Reaching out from the depths of the belly of the beast that is the City Museum |
 |
| That little booty! |
 |
| That sly smile! |
 |
Alex, Matt and I had some trouble with some of the small places.
It was a bit like watching a grown man being born at times. |
 |
| Into the dark depths |
 |
| Brothers |
 |
| We found these cool top-things that you could spin around in! |
 |
| Ok, I'm obsessed. |
 |
| Al-Pal being the silly self I love |
 |
| Just hanging out there in the back |
 |
| How is he so cute? HOW? |
 |
| he's like an escaped toddler.... |
 |
| And Milo would not be outdone! |
 |
| There was a skatepark that could be used as a slide |
 |
| this stupid teenager accidentally stepped on Walter but then Walter got his courage back |
 |
| Look at him go! |
 |
Hank was stalwart throughout all the shenanigans
|
 |
After the city museum we went to this southern chicken place that Matt found.
The chicken was SOO spicy! |
 |
| Walter was a little overstimulated |
 |
He's so funny when he's grumpy (in retrospect).
He's like grumpy cat. |
That night, I babysat so that Matt and Emily could go to the ballet and Mom and Dad and Alex came over and watched Inside Out and then Alex drove back to Columbia. Sunday was pretty chill. I helped Mom and Dad with their valentines-day themed lesson and we all ate together again. Monday came too fast and after hanging out with Emily and company Mom and I drove to the airport.
 |
For Valentines Day my Papa performed a song for my Mom.
It was very sweet. |
 |
| On Monday, I took these little guys to Shnucks to get cookies. |
 |
| And I must say, watching them play lego star wars is pretty adorable |
 |
| They stand right next to the big screen and jump up and down as they play |
Anyway, I love my family so much. I wish there was more for my career path in St. Louis because I love being around them. In the meantime, it was a much needed semester break to get to go home and visit!
 |
| and a few more just because I can't resist |
 |
| Silly |
 |
| Walter's face |
 |
| Milo made us headbands :) |
 |
| I think we rocked them |
 |
| We got a little drama practice in, pretending to be confused |
 |
| So much love |
These people are my valentines.
No comments:
Post a Comment